Aligning IEPs to the Common Core shows teachers how to align IEPs to the core curriculum standards and is an updated version from Drs. Courtade and Browder’s original book Aligning IEPs . This updated version features entirely new areas of discussion and examination and it has a new chapter on effective instruction for teaching academic objectives to students with an intellectual disability.
Current federal policy requires that alternate achievement standards be linked to grade level content that promotes access to the general curriculum. This succinctly presented book provides a clear framework for aligning academic content for students with an intellectual disability. It focuses on language arts and math, plus self-determination and assistive technology. Includes sample objectives and a case study.
The new edition includes:
Includes softbound book, 136 pages.
- Ideas for aligning IEP goals and objectives to new Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Updated examples of ELA and math objectives based on CCSS
- Updated case study examples of alignment for students with moderate and severe disabilities
- Updated hardware and software examples used to teach academic objectives
- A new chapter on effective instruction for teaching academic objectives to students with moderate and severe disabilities
Download User's Guide